Okay, so yesterday was the world book day. In line with the celebration, I'm dedicating this post to share about my most favourite book of all time. To be frank, I don't actually read book that much so the choice is pretty easy to make! ;p
![]() | |
| tadaaaaaaaaaa! this the book! |
Mm, before spilling out why I like this book a lot, I think I probably should do a little introduction to those who never read or even stumble upon this book:
| Charlie and the Chocolate Factory | |||
|---|---|---|---|
| Author | Roald Dahl | ||
| Illustrator | Joseph Schindelman (original) Quentin Blake (1998 editions onwards) | ||
| Country | United Kingdom | ||
| Language | English | ||
| Genre(s) | Children's Fantasy novel | ||
| Publisher | Alfred A. Knopf, Inc. (original) Penguin Books (current) | ||
| Publication date | 1964 | ||
| Media type | Print (Hardback, Paperback) | ||
| Pages | 189 | ||
| Followed by |
| ||
| From what I can remember (considering I've read this book back in 2002), the book tells a story about a young and poor little boy named Charlie Bucket who lives with his parents and grandparents. It is from his grandparents, especially Grandpa Joe, that he hears stories about the chocolatier Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory he built in Charlie's hometown. The factory was closed down when rival chocolate makers stole Willy Wonka's chocolate recipes. Years pass in silence, then one day the factory mysteriously comes back to life. With the gates locked, everything remains a mystery. Then one day, a headline about Wonka is holding a worldwide contest, in which five Golden Tickets are hidden under the wrappers of his candy bars; the prize for those who find them is a day-long tour of the factory and a lifetime supply of chocolate appears in the newspaper. Charlie is determined to take part but with limited money in hand, he fails his first two attempts. However, he got the ticket at his last try. So, he and the four winners take a tour into the magical factory of Willy Wonka where everything is edible including trees and the grass. There is even a gigantic chocolate waterfall (my favourite!). The workers are called the "Oompa-Loompas". In the end, Charlie emerges as the only child who behaved as the rest are sneaking over in excitement to drink and eat the chocolates. As a reward, Willy Wonka invites Charlie and his family to help him run the factory. The end. ;p |
So, what do y'all think? pretty exciting story, huh? after reading this book, I've been wanting to read the sequel Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator but never got the chance.. huhu.. never mind, that book will be my next target! (tp xtau bila la tu kn.. LOL) ^^












No comments:
Post a Comment
Eylow! Merci beaucoup for your comments ! (: