بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa : Sheila's Review


Genre : Action
Director : Yusry Abd Halim
Casts : Stephen Rahman Hughes, Jing Lu, Gavin Rees StenHouse, Ummi Nazeera, Dato’ Rahim Razali, Khir Rahman, Craig Robert Fong, Deborah Henry
Release Date : 10th March 2011
Distributor & Producer : KRU Studios

I just had the chance to watch this movie today and on the whole, I am satisfied with it. To me, the movie had successfully met its high expectation among the local audience. Why? I think the movie had set the new standard for our malay action films with its good quality motion graphics, sounds and breath-taking cinematic shots . I know that some people may not like this movie and even a few friends of mine told me that the movie was boring, well, guess what, not for me! I like the plot and the way it runs smoothly and is very well organized. The language used was also spectacular. It portrays the beauty of the Malay language, which I'm pretty sure the new generations like us may fail to appreciate . Morever, I think this film is brilliant in the sense that it includes the hollywood elements : the hero with great sense of humor - Merong (remember Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Carribean?) & pure sincere love that happens just like that though hate and dislikes preceded the feeling - Merong & Embok + Roman Prince & Chinese Princess (a little bit like in Princess Diaries) .
Simply put, I love the movie and if I am to rate it, I'll give 4 stars! 

Here's some of the snapshots I managed to google :
Merong, Embok & Kesum the shaman

. . . and their love begins! the Roman prince & the Chinese princess who are to be wed out of political interest but they eventually falls in love! :)





the hero, Merong & the antagonist, Kamawas

the fleet of ships : too bad I couldn't find the view which I like it so much.

the 3 men behind the brilliant film : thumbs up guys!
Last but not least, I just want to share a quote from the film that I love so much :

"Sampai masa tibanya waktu,
Redup hati kaum berdua,
Bila dua jasad bersatu,
Hidup mati jadi berdua"

Peace out y'all!

 ~ Sheila Kamal ~

Photobucket

✿ Thanks for reading peeps ! Comments ? ツ ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eylow! Merci beaucoup for your comments ! (:

Kelab Jutawan ~ No Pendaftaran : 002046530-W (Sujairi KJ Enterprise)
Photobucket