Happy Monday peeps! How are ya doing?
It's laundry day for me today, besa la, sejak naik pangkat jadi "wifey" ni, lagi2 skang tgh cuti, so jadi full time housewife la. Hehehe.
Orait, back to the title of my post, I actually wanted to share my view and a little bit of my personal experience about the issue today. Dunno why, this thing keeps wandering around my head lately. Before I get married, I always heard people said that life seems a bed of roses for newlyweds. Well, since I've already experienced it myself, I'd say 'YES' indeed! ^_^
But, yeap, (there's a 'but' ok) I think maybe the all-happy-and-beautiful moments lasts at least for the first two months up to 4 months, top. Why? Coz in the 5th months, reality strikes back in where couples "discover" the total package of their spouse - the good, the bad & the ugly. Okay, let me come clean about this. I'm actually still "adjusting" myself to "compromise" his "package" (even after being married for 147 days). When you're in a relationship for quite sometime, you "think" you know your guy but right after getting married, you'll realize you actually know "nothing" (not necessarily nothing la, but maybe only 20%) about the man you married. Yala, before this maybe you think you know his "habit", things he like and dislike, his favourite food, etc, BUT when you're married, living under the same roof, sharing the same room, like it or not, you'll see things you don't "prefer". So how do you cope with this?? For me, so far, me and husband try our best (still trying -- I believe this should be continuous & never stops) to always practice "give-and-take" act in whatever situation that we're in. We often try to find a middle ground especially when making decisions. We did fight and argue sometimes but eversince we got married, we always make sure the arguments won't involve yelling or saying hurtful words to each other.
As a whole, I'm a strong believer of the saying "no one's perfect", so no matter what the situation is, we should always remember that. It will ease out our mind and soul. In marriage, it takes two to make it work. We should learn to accept our other half the way he/ she is rather than trying to change him/ her into someone we want him/ her to be. Of course we want a "perfect" husband for us, right? and I think that's not wrong as long as it doesn't "suffocate" our spouse. We must be honest with each other and always try to compromise things. Don't be selfish. Also, avoid negative-thinking, always view things positively, insyaAllah, with Allah's grant and blessings, life will somehow become a "heaven" for both you and husband/ wife and future kids. Mudah-mudahan~
p/s ~ You all can read 1 absolutely good article regarding marriage here ::












Tengah counting days untuk jadi ibu dah.. :D
ReplyDelete