بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Friday, December 9, 2011

Movie Review : Ombak Rindu

Hello hello! It's Friday! My favourite day. Hehehe.
2 movies in 2 days, yeap, that's just me, I love watching movies!
Last night and the night before, me, hubby, bro & cousin have watched two midnight shows of two of the 'hot' and most anticipating movies which are :: The Twilight Saga (Breaking the Dawn, Part I) & Ombak Rindu.

Let me review about novel adaptation movie, Ombak Rindu first, then tomorrow I'll review about the twilight series ok. Before I jump on bursting out my opinion about the movie, let's check out a little bit info about it ::


Title : Ombak Rindu (an adaptation from a best selling novel by Fauziah Ashari)
Director : Osman Ali
Casts : Maya Karin, Aaron Aziz, Lisa Surihani, Bront Palarae, Zaidi Omar
Genre : Love, Romance & Drama
Release Date : 01 December 2011

Synopsis :
An adaptation of a bestselling Malay novel of the same title, Ombak Rindu tells the story of Izzah (Maya Karin) a village religious teacher who is sold to a brothel by her uncle on the pretext that they need money for her aunt’s surgery. Her first customer is rich playboy Hariz (Aaron Aziz). Izzah begs him to marry her as a way out of prostitution and he agrees, but with the intention of making her his mistress. Little does he know that when two people spend so much time together, feelings are bound to develop.
As time goes by, love grows and Hariz falls for Izzah. But there’s a problem – Hariz is engaged to his childhood sweetheart Mila (Lisa Surihani) and has to find a way out of the mess. Mila, in turn, proves herself as a force to be reckoned with and she is determined to win him back at all costs. 

The way I see it :
FYI, I never read the novel before so please keep that in mind while you're reading my review ok. For me, the movie (or novel) has an amazing storyline with a surprise twist that adds the "hollywood" factor to it. I personally like the plot very much. Aaron's character, Hariz, was played very well and I don't think any one could've done it better than him. Maya, on the other hand, as Izzah, did an awesome job playing her role. She pulled off the heart wrenching scenes better than I expected. Lisa's character and acting however, as Mila, didn't really appeal to my interest. Don't get me wrong, I like Lisa Surihani, but I feel that her acting in this movie was far poor than her work before. Too bad! As a whole, I rate this movie 4 out of 5 stars. Kudos to the director, casts and crew and also the main 'mastermind' of this melancholic love story, the novel writer.

Photobucket

✿ Thanks for reading peeps ! Comments ? ツ ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eylow! Merci beaucoup for your comments ! (:

Kelab Jutawan ~ No Pendaftaran : 002046530-W (Sujairi KJ Enterprise)
Photobucket