Ramadhan is here! Alhamdulillah, we are given the chance to meet the holy month of Ramadhan again this year. On behalf of my big family, we humbly apologize for all the mistakes we did and may Allah accepts our ibadah and grant us all Jannah. Ameen ya Allah. Happy Fasting to all. ^^

Pink or Blue? What a cliche title, right? Hehehe.
Recently I've been to both a private and government clinic to do the ultrasound session and the difference in terms of treatment and service is seriuosly bothering me. Of course the private clinic give better service and treatment since we are willing to pay them in return. But the poor service and treatment shown by the doctor and nurse in the government clinic (this is definitely not a generalization) are unbelievably shocking to me as a first time mom to be.
In the private clinic that I went to, Dr. Shirley's, even though at that time the doctor went outstation, the medical assistant who did the ultrasound explain thoroughly and show me every single detail of my baby's growth including the internal organs, bones and all. Alhamdulillah, all praises to Allah, my baby doesn't show any abnormalities. Baby's heartbeat, my "air ketuban" and baby's position are also fine. Baby was very active and naughty at that time, moving a lot, kicking and even playing hide and seek with us (when we want to see the face, heheheee). The medical assistant also informed us that baby's length and weight are good, not too big, not too small. Alhamdulillah ya Allah. Overall, me and hubs are very satisfied with the service and also the report though actually we're a bit disappointed that we didn't mention to have a 4D scan instead of the normal 2D scan. Tu lah terlampau excited! *sigh~
In the government clinic on the other hand, not only that I was forced to wait for 3 hours plus till my number got called, the service from the doctor and nurse is very disappointing! First they asked me to sit and they checked my blood pressure and then kept quiet while writing on my clinic card. They then asked me to lie down on the bed, the doctor did the ultrasound and the only 2 things that the doc said to me were "Ok so you're now 33 weeks pregnant + your baby might be a ___________" and that's it! Nothing more, nothing less! She didn't even mention anything about the condition or growth of my baby! (She's a doctor with grade 44, okay, not a newbie or fresh graduate doctor!). Even more shocking and unacceptable to me was the fact that the doctor simply sat down after the ultrasound and leave me like a stupid person till the nurse shouted (literally) "Ok suda ya, boleh bangun & duduk di kerusi". They didn't wipe the gel on my tummy and didn't even gave me tissues to do it on my own. What the fish! Da la the doctor squeezed the gel macam mo setengah tu botol. Huhuhu.
![]() |
| Ultrasound reports from KKIA Kunak. First was done in week 23 & the second was done recently, week 33. |
Frankly speaking, I prefer to go to private clinics or hospital for my antenatal routine checkup as well as for my labour but we don't have a specialist in town, the one that I went to, Dr. Shirley's was 1 and a half hour drive from our house. The road is bumpy and not highway plus our busy schedule make it a bit troublesome. For my labour pulak, I don't think I'm willing to endure the labour pain combined with the long, arduous, painful trip to the hospital for another 1 and a half hour when actually the general hospital is just 15 minutes away from home. So it's okay, I don't have any regrets coz deep in my heart I accept that Allah has better plans for me. Right now I'm praying hard that Allah will ease my delivery process, give me a lot of strength and safeguard me from any terrible experiences when it's "time". Besides, I think going to the government clinic and hospital saves a lot of money for me and hubs. Yes we can afford the cost but we are not rich folks so it's a wise decision indeed. We can use the money to buy baby's stuff instead! Hehehe.
Okay, back to my entry title, can you guess my baby's gender?? Hehehe. Actually I don't want to reveal or announce the gender yet coz I want to make it a surprise. Lagipun like what my mother said, "You can't be so sure till the baby's out!". But you know lah kan, for a first time parents to be like me and hubs, orang bilang itu excitement lain macam bah kan? Hihihi. Apa lagi when people around you start asking about it. So, are you ready?? Drum roll pleaseeee!! We're having a baby BOY!!!!! InshaaAllah. Hehehe. Lucky thing all the baby stuffs we bought so far are mostly in green and white colour especially the baby gears coz we also want to save some money there (inshaaAllah the baby gears can be used for our next baby regardless of the gender, kan?)
To those who are reading this, please spare a prayer for me, okay? Who knows maybe my next entry will be about my birth story already. Hehehe. Actually my bidan said to me today that baby is ready to come out soon. My nenek and mama also said the same thing. They all asked me to be prepared. They don't think I'll deliver in August looking at my belly, my face and body change and also my condition now. Believe it or not, my gut also tells me that I might deliver in mid July instead of mid August. Motherly instinct, maybe? Hehehehh. Honestly I think maybe I miscalculate my LMP coz I'm not really sure that I've given the date accurately. Whatever it is, I hope and pray that my baby's fine and healthy no matter when he choose to come out and of course, may Allah grant me a smooth, painless and safe labour. Allahumma Ameen.
"Bismillahitawakkaltu alallah. La hawla wala kuwwata illa billah."

Nota Kaki ::
Debaran kian terasa. Nervous and scared but excited at the same time.
Allahu Rabbi, permudahkanlah janganlah dipersulit.
Till my next entry peeps! Au revoir!
Till my next entry peeps! Au revoir!















No comments:
Post a Comment
Eylow! Merci beaucoup for your comments ! (: